A Spanish television commercial project is one of the ways in which students and instructors can use original video recordings in teaching and learning. In STEM areas, video word problems are another possibility.
It’s not hard to produce a simple video that is rough around the edges. However, if you need high production values be prepared to spend many hours working with expensive hardware and software.
Notre Dame resources
- Video recorders, tripods and wireless microphones are available for loan to students and faculty through the OIT in 115 DeBartolo
- Windows Live Movie Maker and Apple’s iMovie desktop software are installed on all public computers
- Fighting Irish Digital Media – studio time can be made available, and video recorded
- Video editors: YouTube video editor | WeVideo
- VoiceThread - annotate video
- Animoto - make videos from images