Each semester Notre Dame uses the Listserv system to automatically create and update an email list for every section of every course. This is a ready-made alternative to maintaining your own list in an email program. You can even request that messages to a list be archived on a web page; this is a convenient way to access old announcements.
Find your class in the Online Photo system and click the Listserv button. Save the address in your email program if you don’t want to open Online Photo every time you have to send a message.
At Notre Dame
- Contact: OIT Help Desk
- Further help – List owner’s manual
- Find your class email list address
- Acadlist home page
- ND wizard for choosing a mass email tool
Alternatives to ListServ at Notre Dame
- Google Groups – create a group for your class, then use it to share a Google Calendar, as well as files in Google Drive.
- Sakai Email Archive tool – create a group address to use from your regular email program; Sakai archives the messages in your course site.
- Sakai Announcements tool – post messages in your course site; students can elect to view them there or receive them as email.
- Sakai Email tool – send a message from your course site to all students or specific individuals; you can also select by role, section, or group.
[updated June 2015]