Blog systems like WordPress, originally used only for posting and commenting, are now responsible for all kinds of beautiful websites. In teaching & learning, blogs are often used for reflection, journaling, creative writing, and collaboration — and WordPress makes a great platform for a public-facing course website.
At Notre Dame
- Blogs.nd.edu – an internal blog service based on WordPress
- Sakai – our learning management system includes a basic blog tool.
- Blogger – Google’s blog tool
- Consultation regarding tools and strategies to promote effective learning
- External blog option – WordPress.com – some people prefer its flexibility and functionality
- Eight strategies for using blogs in a course.
- Help with WordPress | Learn WordPress
- Create Your Own Blog (ebook, ND only)
- 7 Things You Should Know about Blogs
- Three bloggers who changed their world
- A Rubric for Evaluating Student Blogs – ProfHacker
[updated August 2016]