Use PowerPoint to create, organize, deliver, and update presentations with images, links, videos, and more. When used well, it can be very effective, but you’ll want to mix it with other strategies. Use images to help pose a thorny question or explain visual relationships. Clear a slide after discussing it and blank the screen during long pauses. Limit your use of animation and sound effects.
Prezi is a popular browser-based alternative to PowerPoint. Use it to create a canvas of text, videos, and visuals. Then identify a path from one item to another. As you view the presentation, Prezi zooms in on each successive item. If something is placed at an angle, the canvas rotates.
At Notre Dame
- OIT – Training Classes and Help Desk
- Kaneb Center – Presentation Zen workshop and additional resources
- Seven (+?) resources for better PowerPoint
- Help with Prezi
- Comparison chart – PowerPoint and Prezi
- Help with SlideShare
- Eleven+ ways NOT to use PowerPoint
- Nine sources of free images
- Presentation Makeover Week (1st week of February)
[updated June 2015]